The Association of Wall and Ceiling Industries (AWCI) Australia and New Zealand is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website,
and the protection of any personal information provided to us. When you visit our website, you do so anonymously unless you voluntarily
date and time and the pages that you viewed on the AWCI website.
information is collected, and your obligations when visiting the AWCI Conference website.
What personal information does AWCI collect?
AWCI collects personal information that is voluntarily provided to us. Whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so, we only collect your personal
information directly from you (or your authorised representative).
When does AWCI collect personal information?
AWCI only collects personal information in the sections of the website where:
- You register to attend the AWCI Conference and, in doing so, enter personal details such as your name, contact details and credit card information.
- You respond to promotional activities we conduct (which may include your name, contact details and other personal information).
- You sign up to receive e-newsletter (and any other) updates (which may include your name, contact details and other personal information).
- You complete an enquiry form (which may include your name, contact details and other personal information).
How does AWCIcollect personal information?
Whenever we collect personal information from you we will do so in a lawful and fair way. We will also advise you how and where to contact us.
If we collect the information from a third party we will take reasonable steps to advise you of that collection promptly. We will tell you
why we are collecting the information and the third parties to whom we usually disclose that information. If you do not wish to provide the
information we request, we will tell you what impact this will have.
How will AWCI use collected personal information?
AWCI only uses and discloses personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us, or for a related purpose, which would
be reasonably expected without your permission. AWCI restricts access to personal information collected on our website to only those AWCI employees
who need access to that information to perform and discharge their duty. AWCI does not disclose, sell or market your personal information to
As part of your membership service or conference registration, AWCI may use your personal information to:
- Promote your business through various media such as websites, member directories and the like.
- Offer you products and services relevant to your business from both AWCI and other commercial providers.
- Send you commercial electronic messages.
Quality of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Security of Personal Information
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect is protected from loss and
misuse and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
How can you access your personal information?
AWCI does not allow you to directly access and update your volunteered personal information. Subject to certain restrictions, you are able to have
access to all of your personal information held by us. To arrange for access to your personal information, to make a complaint about the way
In certain circumstances, we may refuse access to your personal information, including:
- Where providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- The request is frivolous or vexatious
- Information relates to legal proceedings
- We are not permitted to disclose by law
- We are permitted or authorised to deny access by law
We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our reasonable costs in supplying your personal information to you.
Copyright and Trademarks
All site design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof may be trade-marks, including registered trade-marks, of
AWCI. Any reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication of this content, without prior written permission of AWCI is strictly
While every effort has been made and all reasonable care taken to ensure the accuracy of the material contained in and linked to this website,
the authors, editors and publishers of this website and documents shall not be held to be liable or responsible in any way whatsoever and expressly
disclaim any liability or responsibility for any injury or loss of life, any loss or damage, costs or expenses, howsoever incurred by any person
whether the reader of this work or otherwise including but without in any way limiting any loss or damage costs or expenses incurred as a result
of or in connection with the reliance whether whole or partial by any person as aforesaid upon any part of the contents of this publication.
Should expert assistance be required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought.